Custom Search

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

THE RIVER

This was sent to me, I think it's great..

THE RIVER

A minister was completing a temperance sermon. With great emphasis he said, "If I
had all the beer in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river."

With even greater emphasis he said, "And if I had all the wine in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river."
And then finally, shaking his fist in the air, he said, "And if I had all the whiskey in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river."

Sermon complete, he sat down.

The song leader stood very cautiously and announced with a smile, nearly laughing, "For our closing song, let us sing Hymn #365, "Shall We Gather at the River."

Smile, life is too short not to !!
If this brightened your day
Don't let it stop here
Pass it on with a smile
Keep spreading the Cheer.
See you at the river.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is a great way to start a new day.
people need a good laugh in their life.
I will tell this one to pete.
thanks bob

i'll meet you at the river, for coffee?

5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home