Custom Search

Thursday, November 30, 2006

STAY FOCUSED

Hi All,

I was sitting here reflecting on what has been going on at the blog the last 2 days, then I received the following from an anonymous poster. Please everyone, think about the following comments. Who ever posted these comments thank you!


Hi Bob, this is only my humble opinion but things were really hot and going somewhere when posts were being made about people like Alice, Nancy, Kelly Brisson and on and on. Some of the posts here lately have been, I'm sure, intended to kick it to the side and interupt with some really childish attitudes. I'll admit when I see someone saying "you slum landlords need to get out with your tenants so we can have some peace" really irks me too, but what response was this person hoping for? Then we spend the next 2 days back and forth. Words have power. Let's use them to our advantage and put the pressure on the one's that really need it. When you do your invites to the masses out there, you need to be prepared to be putting out an overload of information of what has, is and will be continuing as city procedure. You can do it by posting stories about the above and others, with all the disaster the city has left in it's path, postings won't be running out any time soon. All it takes is one posting referring to someone like E----- to then have them coming screaming in here and biting everyone in the A-----. I know that some with a lot at stake will read everything here as I expect all the code inspectors along with city council members do. Heck, if I did something illegal, I'd be scared too. I'd also want to know who knows what and how much worse it's going to get. So, let's let them know!

--
Posted by Anonymous to ademocracy at 11/30/2006 04:46:51 PM

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who me?
Don't mention my name, unless I'm in your business and I won't stop ypur flow on your blog. I didn't ask to be a member of this community and sooner my name stops appearing as indictive of everything since the JFK assasination, the sooner you can re-focus on what irks you. Be that me, well, I'm going to speak up for myself under my own name.

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does any one remember the story of Betty Speaker, I think that was her name, which inspectors were after her and her home? Where were her condemnation papers served on her again? I once remember but now I forgot and need to be refreshed!

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On June 17, 1971 President Nixon declared war on drugs. At a press conference Nixon names drug abuse as "public enemy number one in the United States."

On August 9, 1974, President Nixon resigns.

Since then the flow of drugs into our country has continued to increase. The sentences for drug offenders has also continued to increase.

Our prisons are filled to capacity with all level of drug offenders serving stiff mandatory sentences. Meanwhile predators flourish in every region of our nation, preying on our women and children. I do not buy the arguement that drug dealers prey on our children too!!! Our children have a choice when it comes to using and buying drugs!!! What it all comes down to is how well of a job of educating and parenting the parents did. Of course all the educating and good parenting is still not going to stop teenagers from experimenting, but we have to trust that the values we instill in them will help them make the right choices in the long run after experimenting.

Our children do not have a choice when it comes to being abducted, assaulted, raped and murdered!!!

The two drugs that kill more people than all other drugs put together are legal, alcohol and cigarettes...

The prohobition did not work...

What it all comes down to is if we required people to wear helmets while driving cars lives could be saved. If we outlawed snowmobiles, motorcycles, firearms, abortion, ice fishing, mountain climbing, and a million other things, lives could be saved. But that is highly unrealistic. This is Land of the Free, what happened to freedom of choice?

Last night I was browsing the Iowa Sex Offender Registry and was quite surprised at how many individuals on it had been convicted of a crime of sexual assault of a minor aged 0-13 years since 2000 and were not even in prison, some not even on supervised release. Yet in stark contrast I also read about a 72 year old man in Sioux City, Iowa who is a two time war vet, served in the Korean War and World War II. Never been in trouble in his life, yet now he faces a mandatory minimum sentence of ten years in prison because his son was involved in a drug ring and they linked him to it only because his son registered a motorcycle in his dad's name. What the hell is going on in this country? I am tired of sex offenders walking the streets, getting probation, and reoffending. I am tired of nothing getting done until a body turns up! I am tired of this senseless war on drugs. The power is in your hands as we the people put the czars of the drug war in office. Think about that next election time.

Time for some changes.......

7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I forgot to post my name on that last post..Just an example of how the country operates...

Nancy (formerly of St.Paul)

7:55 PM  
Blogger Bob said...

Hi Nancy & All,

Thanks for the summary on the drug war Nancy.

The over whelming majority of Americans agree on this issue in some capacity.

Anyone have a clue why nothing changes?

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The government makes too much money on the drug problem, so you will never see anything meaningful get changed. Get used to it.

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are up to a generation now running the country that was once in on the drug craze, sometimes they still are. While the idea of illegal drugs is not a taboo subject anymore, people are still uncomfortable about talking about sex, sex crimes, sex abuse against children, etc. If you think crime is bad now, wait until the liberals get ahold of the country again! Whew! Lock your doors. Talk about a Godless society, it will get worse!

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home