Custom Search

Sunday, September 24, 2006

The Most Functional English Word

Nancy sent me this story. I thought it was appropriate with all the talk about whether we should use this word or that word at 'St. Paul Issues and Forums'.


HOPE THIS MAKES YOU SMILE

THE MOST FUNCTIONAL ENGLISH WORD

Well, it's shit ... that's right, shit!
Shit may just be the most functional word in the English language.

Consider:
You can get shit-faced, Be shit-out-of-luck, Or have shit for brains.

With a little effort, you can get your shit together, find a place for your shit, or be asked to shit or get off the pot.

You can smoke shit, buy shit, sell shit, lose shit, find shit, forget shit,
and tell others to eat shit.

Some people know their shit, while others can't tell the difference
between shit and shineola.

There are lucky shits, dumb shits, and crazy shits. There is bull shit, horse shit, and chicken shit.

You can throw shit, sling shit, catch shit, shoot the shit, or duck when the shit hits the fan.

You can give a shit or serve shit on a shingle.

You can find yourself in deep shit or be happier than a pig in shit.

Some days are colder than shit, some days are hotter than shit,
and some days are just plain shitty.

Some music sounds like shit, things can look like shit, and there are times when you feel like shit.

You can have too much shit, not enough shit, the right shit, the wrong shit or a lot of weird shit.

You can carry shit, have a mountain of shit, or find yourself up shit creek without a paddle.

Sometimes everything you touch turns to shit and other times you fall in a bucket of shit and come out smelling like a rose.


When you stop to consider all the facts, it's the basic building block of the English language.

And remember, once you know your shit, you don't need to know anything else!!

You could pass this along, if you give a shit; or not do so if you don't give a shit!

Well, Shit, it's time for me to go. Just wanted you to know that I do give a shit and hope you had a nice day, without a bunch of shit. But, if you happened to catch a load of shit from some shit-head...........
Well, Shit Happens!!!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Then we have the city of St.Paul that doesn't give a "SHIT" about people.

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And don't forget that stench coming out of city hall...pew...what is that it smells like?

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well being that I don't mind getting kicked off E-Democracy I decided to post this there for them to read as well. This will be interesting to see what definitions out of the good ol dictionary they some up with for this one. They didn't like me before so I had nothing to lose.

Nancy(formerly of St.Paul)

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go girl. May as well have some shiten fun with it!

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw this and checked in over at eDem site. I'm amazed that grown adults can feel so offended by a word that we hear from every source we come into contact with. It must be a pretty pathetic life to not only become upset over such mundane matters, but then sit around and talk about it. What they ought to do is tell this "Renee" whoever to grow up.....we are all adults now. Anyways....as always.....it takes me about 20 seconds over there and then I am back here trying to find out what the "real" people think.

Thank you for hosting this site Bob.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Bob said...

Hi All & Nancy,

I SEE NANCY POSTED THIS TOPIC TO SPIF...

Now that was absolutely funny Nancy!

I just loved how Gloria Bogen had a Bird over it.I wasn't really surprised with her out burst.

The language didn't bother Gloria, she just doesn't like you because you speak your mind, AND you are in their face.

Gloria jumped on it as an opportunity to get Nancy a warning from SPIF. I wouldn't doubt if the usual parties weren't mass emailing Michelle with objections.

This SHIT posted at SPIF was the equivalent of SHITTING ones pants during a City Counsel presentation.

Are we GOOFY or what? OOPs another word that shouldn't be spoken at SPIF.

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nancy ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gloria speaks for the second time over SHIT. Reprinted from SPIF.

From: "GLORIA E BOGEN" geb1018_1@msn.com
To: "SPIF-Feedback" stpaul-feedback@forums.e-democracy.org
Subject: Re: [SPIF-Feedback] language
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 20:03:59 -0700


I understand those who have no problem with that email (and, while I did not
delete it upon reading the first line, I ceased reading it once I saw where it
was going).

Reasonable person test? Yeah - that can be used -

In my OPINION - it was offensive, perhaps it's that Scandinavian "sensibility" -
I just do not like the use of that particular word (over and over and over) - as
anyone who knows me, knows about me.

glad others enjoyed it - I just could not.

Gloria Bogen

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is the post at SPIF were Gloria stepped in the shit the first time.

Posted 24 Sep 2006 15:22 by Gloria Bogen

Boy - this is absolutely offensive and not appropriate for the feedback forum -
and I do not believe it is germane to the discussion

Gloria Bogen
West Side = Best Side
- - - - - - - - - - -

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear the west side has the best shit piles around.

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

seeing Gloria's posting picture, I think Gloria has to much of grape shit after dinner. She even resembles of glass of it. It's probably the really good stuff to and was grown with the best...shi.. no I mean fertilizer!

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home