Custom Search

Friday, September 08, 2006

Watchdog Webmaster Wacks Email Fraudster Attempt

Watchdog Webmaster Wacks Email Fraudster Attempt

Watchdog Staff Writer Wally Nordfish
(WDPR) Bloomington, MN - Sept. 8th, 2006 4:06 PM - An Email received today by Watchdog Webmaster Chris Nielsen turned out not to be a message from his credit card company, or a garden-variety Email identity-theft Phishing scam, but something new. While the message appeared to be from a credit card company, Nielsen was thrown off-guard because the Email did not ask him to visit another web site to enter his information.

"No, I've seen enough.........

Get the rest of the story by clicking onto the title of this topic.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It might have been the St.Paul City Council calling.

12:05 AM  
Blogger Bob said...

Hi All & Chris,

I'd like to say something about Chris.

He is dedicated to the Watchdog News paper and is considered an extrememly valuable asset to the paper.

He, like myself and others,have great hopes for the future of the Watchdog.

I for one am happy he is part of the inner workings that keep this paper going.

Thank you Chris for all that you do.

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KUDOS Chris!

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another example of the Watchdog looking out for us!

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watchdog tells it to ya straight and if someone gets tar & feathered along the way, all the better. People complain that they never say anything about the other side of the story, but when it comes to truth, there is no other side to the story to tell.

9:08 PM  
Blogger (hris said...

Just happened to find this and it only serves to open an old wound that the Watchdog was taken over and run into the ground. All of my donated time and energy ended up being wasted by people that thought they knew more than me and the other founders of the original Watchdog News.

Am I bitter? Yes, my professionalism cannot completely hide that fact. Do I blame any one person? No. The mistakes and neglect should be shared by many.

Do I have regrets? Yes and no. It's hard to put so much into something and see it trashed or misdirected, but it's hard to regret having a cause you believe in.

Would I ever make the same mistake again? Bet your ass I would! But the next time I would insist on a business plan, personal and business contracts, and control that equals the amount of personal investment. Call me!

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home