Custom Search

Friday, February 15, 2013

A Democracy Town Hall host appointed to city council

Hi All,

First of all, I want to apologise for not giving this town hall the attention it needs. Although I have not been consistently posting story's of activism here like I have in the past, the fight for civil rights has continued on. I and other activist are still fighting for your rights in the city of Saint Paul, recently we were able to secure Councilman Melvin Carters assistance in an attempt to save a historically significant building at 601 Western. I am putting my faith in Melvin to help us. Early last year Council lady Kathy Lantry helped us save a mans home on Minnehaha. I was able to help an elderly woman in ward 2 repair her home, we helped a hoarder clean up and repair his home/business and hooked him up with counseling.

This summer I was in a nasty battle over housing and civil rights issues in the city of Landfall. The result of this good fight was the ousting of the former mayor, he was voted out by a landslide, the city attorney and city manager were fired, a council member resigned and I was appointed in his place.

Once again I am sorry for not giving this town hall the attention it deserves. Many of you have worked hard to make this town hall a viable media outlet and I promise I will put more effort into keeping you all informed of our activities starting today.

I would be ineffective as a civil rights activist if it wasn't for all the support that is given to me. I thank all of you kindly!

Sincerely,

Bob Johnson
Host of the A Democracy Town Hall
President of the Saint Paul Globe Newspaper
City Council Member City of Landfall

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A BIG congrats!! KICK SOME MORE ASS!

12:21 PM  
Blogger Sharon4Anderson said...

Smart Move always add the links in signature update your facebook and youtube pages

If you can't beat em then join them to WIN

1:57 PM  
Blogger Bob said...

If you can't beat em then join them to WIN

Sharon, we beat em!

The city goverment trouble makers are gone.

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What happened to the newspaper Bob
Ralph

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you Bob, you are one in a million!

Bill

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Bob on question comes to mind, how do we address you now?

1. Most Honorable Council Member Robert (Bob) Johnson

2. Council member Bob Johnson

3. Most Honorable Bob Johnson

Bob, just having a little fun here, CONGRATULATIONS!!

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Bob, keep up the good work!

Neil

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So shouldn't your signature at the end of your post be signed "Councilman Johnson?"

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Bob! How long before you can start stealing money from the tax payers? Are you going to be able to get some houses condemned so your buddies can take them over and get rich?

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

4:43 p.m. sounds like Eric !!

Congrads BoB !!!!


Jeff Matiatos

10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where is Chuck Repke these days ??



Jeff Matiatos

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Bob!

Patty

9:44 AM  
Blogger Bob said...

Anonymous said...
Congratulations Bob! How long before you can start stealing money from the tax payers? Are you going to be able to get some houses condemned so your buddies can take them over and get rich?

My response,

I don't understand why you would accuse me of the behavior I have been fighting for 7 years. The common word here is "residents feel safe with my appointment".

Peace...

5:25 PM  
Blogger Bob said...

Thanks everyone for the support and kind words.

When appointed I took an oath of office, I was sworn to protect the Constitution and the laws of the State of Minnesota. I have faith in myself that I will serve the city of Landfall honorably.

The good fight has never been about money for me, winning the battles of the good fight gives me all the compensation I need. :)

10:34 PM  
Anonymous CourtReform said...

http://www.mncourtreform.org/cases.html Congratulations Please Stay Current on Minnesota Court Issues
Thanks4Accepting the Position

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We need some fresh thinking in government. You'll do a valuable job.

Bob G.

7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Bob:

Why don't you also work to get rid of the bad apples in Saint Paul? There are many and bad ones.
Sharon Anderson has the potential to help you.

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home