Custom Search

Monday, April 21, 2008

Suspicious fire at duplex leaves 14 homeless

Please click onto the COMMENTS for the story.


Blogger Bob said...

'Suspicious' fire at duplex leaves 14 homeless in St. Paul
Last update: April 20, 2008 - 11:24PM

A 24-year-old St. Paul man jumped from a second-story window Sunday to escape an early morning fire that displaced 14 residents of a duplex.

The man suffered cuts and an injured ankle and was taken to Regions Hospital, said St. Paul fire marshal Steve Zaccard.

A 30-year-old man was also rescued from the first level of the duplex at 716 Aurora Av. Firefighters administered CPR to the man, who was unconscious because of smoke inhalation, and took him to Regions. Zaccard said the man is expected to survive.

"Our firefighters did a wonderful job getting him out," he said.

The blaze was reported as a porch fire at 2:58 a.m. It quickly engulfed the front porch and spread up the front of the house, Zaccard said. The house sustained about $80,000 in damage and is uninhabitable.

Zaccard said the fire appears "suspicious," but declined to provide further details.

The duplex housed 14 people, but only eight were home at the time. The Red Cross is helping the residents find temporary accommodations.

A firefighter injured her shoulder and was treated and released from Regions.


9:12 AM  
Blogger Bob said...

716 AURORA AVE -- Property Information --
Pin Number Zoning/Use HPC District
352923410087 RT1 / R-Duplex
Legal Non-
Information disclaimer...
Data Disclaimer:-
The City of Saint Paul and its officials, officers, employees or agents does not warrant the accuracy, reliability
or timeliness of any information published by this system, and shall not be held liable for any losses caused by
reliance on the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of such information. Portions of such information may be
incorrect or not current. Any person or entity that relies on any information obtained from this system does so
at his or her own risk.
List of Activity...
Number Address Description Details Status
08 060486
Garbage/Rubbish. Complaint Date: 04/18/2008
Initial Inspection: 04/17/2008
Next Inspection on or after: 04/24/2008
Inspector: 355
Inspection Results (most recent first):
04/17/2008: Garbage/Rubbish (Summary Abatement)
07 143670
000 00 CO
Certificate of Occupancy
Type: Residential
Occupancy Type: Dwelling Units
Residential Units: 2
Class: C
Renewal Due Date: Aug 6, 2008
07 120255
Don't give out any
info. about the
complaint - trash
inside of house,
children unclean,
children not eating
much, duplex.
Type: Citizen Complaint
Entered on: 07/23/2007
Closed on: 07/30/2007
07 035728
000 00 CO
Certificate of Occupancy
Type: Residential
Occupancy Type: Dwelling Units
Residential Units: 2
Class: C
Completed on: 09/07/2007
Paid In Full = Yes
Inspection Results (most recent first):
09/07/2007: Approved
1. ALL UNIT ENTRY DOORS: Dead Bolt Required SPLC
34.09 (3) i (Abated - 2nd reinspection) - Severity 5
2. ALLEY SIDE: Address - Not posted SPLC 71.01
(Abated - 2nd reinspection) - Severity 5
3. BASEMENT: Seal Unused Elect. Openings
MSFC605.6 (Abated - 2nd reinspection) - Severity 2
4. BASEMENT STAIRS: No Interior Guardrail SPLC
Permit Online Page 1 of 2 4/20/2008
34.10 (3) 34.33(2) (Abated - 2nd reinspection) -
Severity 5
5. BOTH BATHROOMS: Provide GFCI SPLC 34.14 (2) c
(Abated - 2nd reinspection) - Severity 5
6. REAR ENTRY DOOR: Ext. Door SPLC 34.09 (3),
34.32 (3) (Abated - 2nd reinspection) - Severity 3
7. UPPER UNIT: Protect Appliance Cord From Physical
Damage MSFC 605.5 (Abated - 2nd reinspection) -
Severity 2
8. Required Smoke Detector Affidavit SPLC 39.02(c)
(Abated - 2nd reinspection) - Severity 9
9. Residential Occupancy Affidavit (Abated - 2nd
reinspection) - Severity 9
10. Discontinue Use of Extension Cords MSFC 605.5
(Abated - 2nd reinspection) - Severity 2
11. No Interior Handrail SPLC 34.10 (3), 34.33(2)
(Abated - 2nd reinspection) - Severity 5
12. Heating Equipment Maintenance SPLC 34.11 (6),
34.34 (Abated - 2nd reinspection) - Severity 5
08/06/2007: Correction Orders
06 067526
Automatically closed
by system due to no
activity in one year.
Plumbing/Gasfitting/Inside Water Piping
Type: Gasfitting Only Residential Replace
Issued Date: 04/17/2006
Final Date: 04/25/2007
Contractor: H P Pipeworks LLC
Estimated Value: $200.00
Activity (most recent first):
MAIN-Plumbing Inspection: 04/24/2006: No Entry -

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, if NHPI would have got rid of this low income family this would have never happened huh Chuck?

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

People burn while St Paul is harrassing health clubs! Looks like they have a lot of violations here. It should've been torn down. Property records list it as being owned by someone with the last name of Moua. I wonder if that's any realtion to the Moua in the Legislature?

2:55 PM  
Anonymous henry said...

Probably caused by careless smoking or other tenant related cause, as usual.

5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's awful quiet here Bob, What's up?

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you mean Senator Mee Moua?
(DFL) District 67
maybe baby.

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home